Webby awards

I came across this today, The Webby Awards 2008. I've spotted a few websites with the webby awards badge on their homepages, like the Transport for London website, so thought I'd have a look and cast my vote on a few of the categories. I love browsing award categories as it's a good opportunity to find new websites I've never seen before. Good old Cute Overload was nominated in the 'Weird' category so I voted for them of course, but I found another similar website dedicated to captioning funny cat photos which made me giggle as well, so voted for icanhascheezburger.com in the humour section.

The other website I stumbled across which deserves mentioning is My Moleskine. It's a website by an Italian guy who sketches in his moleskine notebook and scans them in to his PC, displaying them on his website periodically. The sketches are really great on their own, but I like the way he displays them online, presenting them still in the note book, on a wooden table background. Very aesthetically pleasing! Anyway, if you fancied browsing the nominations and voting for a few yourself, click here. You do have to sign up before you can vote for anything.

And incidentally, speaking of casting votes, any votes for my blog in the OTHER awards going on at the moment, the bloggers choice awards 2008 would be VERY welcome!! Click here!!!!!

My site was nominated for Best Blog About Stuff!

Comments

Popular Posts