Films make you think

The snow has melted, the weekend has passed and I'm back... at... work. *sigh*

My Sunday was ok. I never did manage to get smelly up and ended up just going back to sleep myself. Then when he DID get up I was really tired and didn't want to get up myself! Anyway, we faffed around for ages then finally ate a roast chicken with salad for 'lunch' at around 4 and watched Knocked up afterwards. That film really annoyed me. Not because of the main characters, but it was the marriage of the supporting roles which bugged me. The husband lies about business trips and meetings so he can go to the cinema, play fantasy baseball and do stuff on his own. When his wife finds out (she thought he was having an affair) she gets really upset. Smelly and his brother thought that the wife was being extremely high maintenance, whiny and unreasonable. But I thought she had a point! I mean, how is it fair he gets to do the things he wants to while she looks after the kids, getting no 'me' time herself? Plus, since when is your wife being so in love with you that she wants you around all the time, because she loves you and your company so much, a bad thing? Maybe it's just a boy/girl thing, women think differently to men and have different expectations of a relationship. Anyway, I kept all that to myself, but it got me thinking, people should never settle when it comes to relationships. Too many people settle for something that's not what they want. If it's not 100% right, if you don't have the same values, same goals, same expectations in life, is it ever going to work? If you're a hopeless romantic, and your expectation of a relationship is meeting someone who loves you unconditionally, is affectionate and caring and attentive, are you really ever going to be content with someone who is none of those things? Is a marriage ever going to work, or will you just end up resenting the other person because they aren't what you saw yourself ending up with? Anyway, as you can tell, I'm in a philosophical mood today... determined to set all the broken relationships in the world to right haha. The break up had an even worse effect on me. Supposed to be a romantic comedy, just got me very upset and got the cogs turning. Maybe I should avoid these kind of films?! Haha

And to dampen the mood even more, my horse Cornish Sett didn't win. And there doesn't seem to be a list of the full results anywhere on the internet, so I can't even find out if it came last! haha... ah well.. maybe next year.

Oh, and still no sign of the David and Goliath trucker cap... boohoo...

Comments

Anonymous said…
All people deserve love care and attention from their partner, man or woman... if you choose to be with someone it should be because you a) love them b)care very deeply for them and c) want keep them wearing a smile as far as it is in your power to do so... even when it isn't we all deserve a good shoulder.
So if you love someone you should WANT to give them attention, it doesn't have to be all the hours of the day but the time that you spend together (even if it is just watching tv, doing the washing or even filing your taxes) should make you feeli lighter inside than doing it on your own.

That is the philosophy according to Cpt Steve (apparantly the only pirate agony aunt in existence)

Popular Posts