Muppets, toons and the 80's...

Sorry for the random post.... but there's a ton of things I wanted to blog about so this has all been cobbled together in one rather hectic rambling entry. Been browsing the web again and found some EXCELLENT clips! Everyone who knows me knows I love the Muppets and all things Jim Henson. I have a huge collection of Muppets memorabilia including some Fraggles in my parents loft and recently bought a Fraggle DVD (which my smelly just rolled his eyes at and asked me how old I was... it was £7! I thought that was a bargain!). Anyway, browsing browsing and came across this clip! It's been filmed and merged immaculately. Very very cleverly done I thought. I present, Pulp Muppets...



Staying with the whole animated/toon theme, this guy Pixeloo, un-toons cartoon characters. His 'real' Homer Simpson is kinda freaky if not intriguing, as is his version of Mario from The Mario Bros. Click here for his blog.



As my recent posts may have hinted, I've been feeling highly nostalgic recently with all things 80's... what with the whole 'I remember when' post and my recent obsession with The Goonies and Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt hunting. So, you shouldn't be surprised when I once again hark back to the era of day glo clothes, rara skirts and Thundercats, with these next two items.

  • ONE - I want this book! I found it in Urban Outfitters yesterday and really want a copy now!
  • TWO - This you tube clip which is (to quote razor creative blog) either a parody or tribute to 80's motion graphics.

Whilst I was looking for the link for the 80's toy book, I found a whole plethora of 80's nostalgia websites which had me staying waaaaay past my bed time and exclaiming 'Oh my god! I remember those!'... but I won't list them all here, so I'll save them all for another day. I have to mention, hoever, Glo friends (I had a worm in green and purple pajamas and a sleeping bag, my sister had a glow snail... used to sit it on the light bulb to 'charge it up' so it glowed in the dark).


I also found this clip, which isn't all that interesting other than the fact that this 'doctor' is the ambassador from 24 season 6?! This is the guy I swore blind was Cheech Marin (the guy who played Romeo in Tin Cup and the guy outside the vampire bar in Dusk til Dawn) and bet dinner with smelly that it was... it wasn't... damn him. I spent hours scouring the internet trying to prove it as I was CERTAIN I was right... that's the second time I've lost a bet with him (the other time was when I insisted Zilli and Zizi restaurants were owned by the same person... doh!).

Anyway, enough of the internet browsing... it's way past bed time and I need my beauty sleep. More random rubbish later on!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha ha, Pulp Muppets... that gave me a giggle.

Cheech Marin??? You are crazy, that guy was never going to be Cheech. Ha ha you lost again :)

Popular Posts