Feeling poetic

Can't think of anything particularly interesting to blog today. Have been in a really funny mood this week, feeling very unsettled and discontented. Can't quite describe it, but just don't feel like I'm my usual happy self. Anyway, I had an email from a relative the other day saying they'd shown my poems and photos to a friend who works for a big events company in London. Apparently she loved them and wanted to show them to her manager with the view to possibly using some. Very exciting! This got me looking through all my old poems, and some I'd forgotten I'd even written. Really like this one

Hearts easy where head's fail to rule
Eyes blinded as love tends to fool
Mind closed to all that is real
Senses numbed to all you can feel

as well as this one

Why does the rain reflect my heart?
Tracing tracks across my soul
Waiting for the sun to warm my face
And bring love with it's warm embrace

Rather ironically, just as I started typing this post, the sky greyed over and it started to thunder and flash with lightening. Hmm... spooky... rather fitting haha. Think I shall have to have a go at writing some more and combining them with some of my shots. Think the navigation on my poetry blog could do with some work as well, so that the poems can be listed more visibly maybe?

Comments

Popular Posts