New photos and a redesigned photo blog

At the weekend I finally managed to get out and about and take some more photos, as I mentioned in an earlier post this week. Well, I got round to processing the images I took and am really pleased with the resulting photos! So much so, I decided to use one of them as the header image on my photo blog! Take a look!

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favourite shots taken over the weekend... as usual, a mixture of pretty nature shots and grungy urban photos. I can't seem to make my mind up which I prefer to shoot! Had a play with some different effects on each, which you can read more on by clicking on the photo and reading the text under each image on flickr.

First, the nice nature shots....

Swan retro 2

Swan retro shot

Spring cherry blossoms

and now for the urban gritty shots....

Underground garage

Embankment tunnel HDR

Staying on a photography related thread of discussion, I was browsing Razor Creative blog again today and came across this post on a guy called David Corkum and his photography. Now, am I missing something here? Yes his photography is nice and yes it's won awards.... but I don't really get why? The examples on the blog post seem, well, average? I'm not for a second comparing my photos or saying they're superior, far from it, but I've seen tons of excellent examples of creatively shot, imaginative photos just from browsing Flickr. All of which would beat these images hands down without a shadow of a doubt. Anyway, take a look.... opinions on a postcard please....

Comments

Popular Posts