Something in the wind? Smells fishy to me...

This morning I left the house and was immediately hit with this smell of what I can only describe as dog poo. Half way down my road to the bus stop I even stopped to check my shoes, convinced I could smell manure, then shook it off as me being weird and my nasal smell receptors obviously playing up and firing weirdo messages to my sleep-befuddled brain. Imagine my surprise then, when I went onto Sky News this afternoon and spotted this news item:

"If you noticed an unpleasant smell in the air today, you were not the only one. The Met Office has taken dozens of calls from residents wanting to know what the offensive pong was. The stink, which slightly resembles that of manure, has been reported from Suffolk to Oxford and around the London area."

It seems that bad smells from Belgium and Holland have been accumulating in the air and sudden strong winds have wafted the nasty niffs over to poor old blighty... and apparently may be lingering until as late as Tuesday. Glad my nasal passages weren't being stupid though...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha ha ha. Glad I wasn't around to get the whiff.

Tha's just bloody rude... I never realised that the Belgians and the dutch were so smelly, what do they do over there then if they are generating dog poo smells?

And they had better watch out. Too many complaints about the smell and the Americans will be invading and surrounding them with Starbucks before they know it.

Popular Posts