Sleeeeeeeeeepy...

I am sooooo tired today. Had a couple of friends over last night for dinner. Everything went well and I had a really good evening, although I did have to get my guests to buy the tagliatelli on their way over as I planned to make leek and bacon pasta and forgot the pasta... doh! Smelly didn't really like it much but the banoffee pie went down well with everyone. They also kindly brought a huge watermelon (for smelly) and some strawberries and chocolate. This morning I slept on the train all the way in. Haven't done that in a long time! Think tonight will be a lazy evening and early to bed. ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

In other news, my hunt for a trucker cap was finally successful. I scoured eBay at lunch time looking for David and Goliath baseball caps and finally found this one - a blue trucker cap with boys = losers on the front. Perfect! My smelly just responded with "Why so bitter?" when I told him about my exciting purchase. He just doesn't get it... haha. Probably won't arrive until next week though as it's being shipped from the US (yes THAT is how desperate I was for a D&G cap hehe).

I now have set my sights on a cover/case for my Nikon D40x, like this one*. I can then carry my camera in any bag without fear of scratching/damaging it while it is carried amongst the vast array of crap in my handbag! Men don't realise how much stuff a girl needs to carry! As well as the everyday necessities such as purse, keys, mobile phone, filofax (yes I own one and yes I do use it religiously!), I also have to carry the book I am currently reading (which at present is the fattest biggest copy of the Book Thief ever), my Nintendo DS lite, a small bag of makeup, an umbrella, gloves and now possibly by camera.

After lunch...

Oh dear god someone stop me... eBay is an evil thing. Went online to have a little browse and found several David and Goliath watches with varying slogans from "boys are smelly" to "boys have cooties". Obviously I went "ooooooh! Those are so cuuuuuuute!" and put a bid on one. Ideally I'd like the pink one I found with "boys are stupid" on the face, but it wasn't working and the postage alone was £8 from the US. If I could work at my computer with my hands tied behind my back so couldn't shop online, I'd do it, but of course, that's stupid, because I can't work with no hands. Duh. I'll just have to try and enforce some self control. Yeah... right...

*And yes, as a friend pointed out, it DOES look a bit rude... haha... but I'm sure it would do the job nicely!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your footnote just stole my comment... ha ha ha, a BIT rude? I almost had to change pages as my boss walked past my screen!
kam kam said…
Thank you for the delicious pasta and dessert. We have a very nice evening!
Like Si said, "You are a bargain hunter!" You should enjoy your shopping!
Sweetpea said…
Awwww I'm glad you had a good time. I really enjoyed myself too. Was nice to have dinner with friends as I haven't had a little dinner party in years! I'll make you tiramisu next time as it's your favourite!

Popular Posts