A day of odd ocurrences

I've decided to do a picture diary of my weekend this post. This may be interesting, it may be boring, but hey, I'm trying out new ideas here! Friday night me and smelly went for Korean and I had my favourite bibimbab while he went for the deep fried oysters bento box. Saturday me and smelly walked around Chelsea and Fulham. We walked for AGES, but good exercise I guess!

But today is where the weirdness starts... it has been a mixture of random and strange occurrences. Firstly, while I was out taking photos at the pond near the old Harrods warehouse development I walked straight past my housemate's favourite TV character, Miss Marple. Obviously, it was actually the actress Geraldine McEwan, not the character.

Then, I went to Oriental City in Colindale with smelly's Mum and brother (he was on call). It's a shame the centre is being closed down. The food court has a great selection of food and is good value. Unfortunately the centre itself is full of junky shops and tacky stalls selling fake designer handbags. Anyway, we parked up in the car park and there was a whole row of Nissan Figaros parked up, all in a line... weird. Once we got inside we were happily strolling amongst the cheapy discount crockery shops and stalls selling dim sum and roast duck, when a woman in a very skimpy outfit and bright purple eye shadow walked past leading another slim woman in full PVC catwoman outfit (including mask with cat ears and high heeled PVC boots) by a leash! That was extremely bizarre... slightly more so because of the man following them with a hand-held camcorder...! Anyway, after all that excitement, we got back in the car and went home, whilst I sipped on a grape soda that turned my tongue purple.

Anyway, after all my Goonie Mania, imagine my surprise and delight when we got back and switched the TV on, only to find my current obsession starting on TV! YAY! Amazing that I never put 2 and 2 together and realised that the main character in The Goonies is Sam from Lord of the Rings... Sean Astin... he was Twoflower in Sky One's adaptation of Terry Practchett's The Colour of Magic as well....

"Hey you guys!"
"Truffle shuffle!"

I then watched Swordfish, which I've not seen before. It was a fairly good film although I did catch myself thinking 'this is a long film' which is never really very positive. I'm a big Hugh Jackman fan though, and John Travolta rarely does a bad film these days and plays the bad guy so well. Halle Berry's pointless boob flash was kind of annoying though as the producers should have been confident enough in the film's own merit without feeling the need to entice male viewers into the cinema with the promise of a full 60 second frontal blatant breast flash. Good twist though, although I did see it coming a MILE off...

So, that was my weekend... rather uneventful if a bit odd!

Comments

Popular Posts