Widget-crazy bee loving gal

Today my post is going to widget-tastic... for those of you less technically minded and internet savvy, a widget is a cool mini application you can put on your web page using a nifty piece of code. Widgets range from a box showing the most viewed clips on youtube to the weather forecast in your area. I decided to spruce up my side bar on my blog by adding some new and snazzy little widgets. So, here's the choice picks:

Coffee bitch generator

I had one of my many huffs the other week and when my colleague asked me what the matter was, I complained I felt like a bloody tea lady making tea for everyone on our pod of desks because I drink the most and no one else offers. Since then, she's been offering to make tea loads just to stop my incessant grumbling. So Hannah, fear not! I have found the perfect widget to solve our beverage woes! The coffee bitch generator! Just input the number of contenders and their names, and the coffee bitch generator decides on who makes the drinks! It even has a spin the wheel bonus round deciding on other random choices such as 'bitch for the day' and 'total immunity'. Unfortunately to resize this widget to fit the side bar would make it illegible, so it'll have to live on in this post only...



Great places to sail

This widget is most certainly NOT going in my side bar, but it's getting a mention purely in honor of my pirate-obessed sailing crazy 'I want to be called Cappy' nut case of a housemate... Jo, here you go. Don't say I don't do anything for you... you can now have hours of fun at work instead of photocopying pages and making tea. I'm too good to you... haha



Puzzle bobble

I SOOOOO want this in my side bar but I think it's too big! I love puzzle bobble, and the idea of people spending hours on my blog playing this is so cool hehe... the music is rather entertaining as well!


Doodle sketch

Another cool little widget to keep readers entertained! Like a virtual version of an etch-a-sketch. I challenge you to draw me something amazing, screen shot it and email it to me. If it's impressive enough, I'll blog it (again, the main contender for that is Jo... project number 3 missy, get started!).



Bubblewrap

Finally, just because it's so random it's funny, the bubblewrap widget. Have hours of fun, popping bubblewrap... why? I don't know... but it's kinda relaxing? haha... damn what film was it where the main character liked popping bubble wrap... that's going to bug me... answers on a postcard please!




If any of you find any other brilliant widgets, send me the link by commenting on this post and I'll blog them!!

Ok, on to other stuff... I watched Bee Movie last night. Wasn't expecting much, but was surprised. It's actually REALLY funny! There's some hilarious one liners and Ray Liotta's cameo role is brilliant. Staying on the bee theme, coincidentally, little red boat blog has a bee related post today too! Had me chuckling into my museli this morning as it sounds EXACTLY the kind of conversation I'd have with my housemate or smelly... with the latter rolling his eyes skyward and stating that I am a sandwich short of a picnic. Anyway here's the post for those of you who want a giggle.

Also found out I'm getting a £50 cheque from my health insurance for not claiming this year... those of you who know me may well fall of your chair in shock at that thought considering I haven't managed to go away on holiday many times last year without fracturing ribs, spraining ankles or injuring myself in some spectacularly idiotic way. But I say HA! to all you people... I may have been crying when I sneezed and limping like a lame donkey but I struggled through it all without requesting any kind of referral to a private doctor... I'm such a bwave wittle soldier... (go ahead, roll your eyes...)

Oh why oh why isn't it Friday yet?

Comments

Popular Posts