New career... plumber's mate

Well, I've finally watched the whole of season 6 of 24. It was good, it was frustrating, it was tense.... and it had the most annoyingly disappointing ending! I was surprised they found the nukes with another 4 or 5 episodes to go and the whole data chip/Chinese storyline could have been left out I think. It didn't really tie in well with the rest of the story and seemed a bit too much like a filler to me, like they ran out of story and needed another 4 hours of film to top up to 24 hours. You got to love the Jack Bauer one liners though...

Apart from the 24 DVD marathon, I also went on a private job with smelly to fix a toilet at a restaurant in Bayswater... call me weird but I love the fact my smelly is a plumber. Think it's really cool... maybe it's the overalls... maybe it's the fact he's not in a boring office job... or maybe it's the fact it makes me feel like I'm going out with a real MAN who can fix stuff with his hands hehe. So spent an hour and a half handing him tools (and standing around chatting mostly) while he took the toilet apart and replaced the cistern. He bought me dinner in China Town on Sunday as payment which is a fair deal, so I'll definitely volunteer to be his plumbers mate again! We also watched The Secret Millionaire (which always reduces me to tears although I hide it well and pretend I'm not blubbing) and Crash on TV last night which I haven't seen before. Good film and cleverly directed. Makes you really think about just how much our misconceptions and racial discrimination affects all of us.

Other than that, the weekend was fairly uneventful. I spent quite a long time playing Puzzle Quest on my DS with one eye on the TV (multi-tasking at it's finest me thinks) which in itself just reiterates and reinforces the fact that I am the hugest big fat geek in the world, but hey-ho it was fun so I don't care.... ner! Am getting highly frustrated that I just can't seem to finish the game though... that darn Lord Bane just kills me every time... grrr... (I'll just go get my waist-high trousers and band-aid repaired bottle end glasses now... excuse me....)

Comments

Popular Posts