Stockholm countdown...

The weekend was pretty lazy after my big night out on Thursday. Friday night I went for dinner in China Town with friends. Spent way over my budget and am now very broke as the meal came to £24 each! Was only expecting to spend around £10-£15 so had to fore go dessert and dinner out on Saturday to cover the cost boohoo. Saturday we went to two different TK Maxx's to try and find smelly a Belstaff jacket (rare but not impossible) but had no luck. Also watched Marathon which was really good. It's a Korean film about a boy with autism who loves running and aspires to complete a marathon. I bought steaks from Lidl (as I was on a budget and couldn't really go out for steak) which were £3.50 for 2 sirloin and ate them with mash, pepper sauce, fine beans and aubergine. The steaks were really tough... you get what you pay for. Sunday was smelly's Mum's bday. We stopped at Wing Yips on the way back to his to get some buns for breakfast/lunch, bumped into Simon and Kammy and followed/stalked them back to theirs and invited ourselves in for a cup of tea and some snacks (hope you guys weren't too tired! Sorry for taking up your nap time!) and then went to smelly's house. We went to Oishii's for his Mum's birthday dinner and had SO much to eat... 2 portions of edamame beans, summer rolls, huge portion of prawn, sweet potato, broccoli, aubergine and cauliflower tempura, 2 huge plates of eel sushi, soft shell crab sushi, california rolls, and some other sushi rolls, duck and pancakes.... think there was more but my brain may have blocked it out due to the sheer volume of food I consumed and a guilty conscience! hehe...

4 days til Stockholm woohoo! Checked the weather this morning. It was only a 4 day forecast but it was enough to make me shiver... the temperature is forecast to steadily drop. By Thursday the day temperature is -2 degrees celcius, night temperature is -6!!! Brrrrr.... will be taking my ski jacket! Good thing I bought those fingerless gloves so I can keep my hands warm while I snap away on my camera!

I have also added more reader experience enhancing gadgety things to the site today. You can now get a preview of the links I have in each post before you click on them by hovering over the link with your cursor. Snap Shots enhances links with visual previews of the destination site. Should you decide this is not for you, just click the Options icon in the upper right corner of the Snap Shot and opt-out.

I have also added a 'subscribe to my feed' link on the right hand side of the page so now you never miss out on a post.... yeah, like you're that interested! haha...

For those of you who were bothered, I thought I'd better post the answers to those quiz questions in Friday's post, so here they are!

  • What is a salveasand?
    A old age medicine cream for syphilis.
  • Is a komodo dragon a herbivore or carnivore?
    Carnivore!
  • What is Bergerac's first name?
    Jim
  • Name 5 states of America on the pacific coast.
    Hawaii, Washington, California, Oregon and er... answers on a postcard people...
  • What brand had an advert with crows and is a traditional Maori greeting?
    Kia Ora
  • What G did Stephen Hibbert play in Pulp Fiction
    Gimp!! haha

Comments

Popular Posts