Rant rant rant...

Why is it, that people feel the need to walk IN to me constantly. Is it because I'm short? Am I invisible? I know I've shrunk an inch (shocking but true, my work colleague measured my height the other day and I've gone from 5ft3 to 5ft2) but surely I'm not so short that people just don't see me?! Prime example today. Hammersmith station, there is a walkway to the platforms with a barrier in the middle. People entering the station one side, people leaving the other. TONS of people were walking up the left hand side TO the platforms. The other side of the barrier is empty. So where does the woman who just came up the stairs decide to go? You guessed it, she decides to walk down the left hand side of the barrier, straight into the mass of oncoming commuters and directly IN to me! The other side was EMPTY! It's not like she couldn't even see me, like she was reading something or was looking down or had just come up the stairs and hadn't had time to assess the situation. She was looking right AT me and walked AT me! Idiotic woman!

And while I'm on the subject of idiots on the tube, if it's rush hour, and the train pulls up at a station, DON'T STAND IN THE DOORWAY! The train pulled up at Green Park this morning and this total dumbass decides that he's going to stand IN the doorway, hand on hip, leaning on the side like he's at home, so he obstructs HALF the door... and when people start trying to push past him he just stands steadfast to his spot. GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU IDIOT! Needless to say he got dug in the side with my shoulder as penance for being a total prat.

Ok, that's me ranting and raving done with... on to more positive things. I am moving again. Yes, I am a total gypsy, never staying in one place for more than a year... in the past 6 years this will be my 8th move (Chinese lucky number, so maybe this will be the best move yet and a start of good things?). My housemate is selling up and my old landlord just happens to have finished renovations on the house he bought when I moved out, so perhaps it's meant to be. Will be moving back to town and back in to zone 2! No more getting up at 7am! I'm really going to miss staying with my best friend though, as it's been lone big sleep over since I moved in with her! Jo, you better not go back to your old ways and leave it another year before I speak to you again once I move out! haha. This weekend was fairly quiet apart from going to see my old landlord. I went to a friend's hen party on Saturday night at Sugar Reef but it was fairly tame and I only got a little bit tipsy (I blame it on the champagne). Dim Sum on Sunday with smelly at Gerrard's Corner... hunted for a baseball cap and couldn't find one anywhere. Was very disappointed David and Goliath (one of my fave clothes shops) in Covent Garden didn't have any! They used to have really cool trucker style baseball caps! I really wanted the 'I love dorks' cap Boohoo.

Tomorrow I have friends coming over for dinner. Scary as I haven't cooked properly in months and think I may have forgotten how, so am planning on going down the easy route with leeks and bacon pasta and a banoffee pie for dessert.... am too scared to try anything more adventurous! hehe... fingers crossed it all goes ok!

Several hours later...

Ho hum... was surfing at lunch today and found a ton of things I want to buy.... damn you David and Goliath! I found loads of t-shirts I like (and forgot to mention that the shop in Covent Garden also had this BRILLIANT Goonies hoodie I wanted but they only had it in a kids size) which then led to me hunting eBay for other t-shirts... I now really want a Goonies t-shirt! Found a few which was brilliant with 'Hey you guys...' on them. Also really want a Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt but I don't want a new one, I want a distressed faded one... think I'm harking back to my youth... haha

Comments

Popular Posts