Anyone need a tiler?

I now know how to tile. Smelly had to do some tiling in his mum's ensuite yesterday and showed me how to do it! I can now measure up, cut, and adhesive tiles. Only thing I didn't do was grout as he's doing that today but I'm sure I can figure that one out. I always thought it was difficult cutting tiles but he has this cool contraption that scores and cuts them and it's really easy! Am now planning to tile as a sideline income, with referrals from smelly... haha

Also watched Catch me if you can on TV last night. Was a good film surprisingly. I think I've always thought of Leonardo DiCaprio as a pretty boy actor after watching Titanic, but he's actually quite good. It's shocking how someone can con so many people just by having an air of confidence about them. Also watched half of The passion of the Christ which I found really traumatic and actually wrote yesterday's post instead of looking at the screen. It's funny how the film can stir such an interest in religion and the life of Jesus where other mediums fail. Smelly and his brother were in deep discussion about the ins and outs of Christianity, Judaism and the life of Jesus throughout the whole film. Something which if a firm Christian sat down and tried to recount, most people would immediately switch off from and feel preached at. It may not be an accurate portayal of Jesus's life and one mans interpretation, but it gets people talking, and that's the point is it not?

Later on...

Just been out for a walk at lunch. Brrr! It's COLD! Walked over Blackfriars Bridge to take some photos of Blackfriars underpass and the wind was so cold and strong it took my breath away! I was gasping! Anyway, got some cool shots in the underpass. The lights were out at the end of the tunnel so it looked all dark and dingy, which is even better. Everyone walking up and down the tunnel thought I was totally nuts though... was getting lots of strange looks from people haha. I've been walking down there every week on the way to Blackfriars station to visit Dad in hospital and been dying to get some photos. The floor is yellow and black tiles and the walls are grey corrugated metal. It's all very industrial and dirty... would be an excellent candidate for HDR photography so will have to have a go one day when I can be bothered to lug my tripod into work... Will upload the photos tonight and post them for you all to see what the hell I'm going on about!

Comments

Popular Posts