Happy mothers day!

I've had a really nice weekend! (aww dammit I've just smudged my nail varnish for the second time! Grrrrr... serves me right for flossing my teeth with wet nails, re-painting them and then trying to type with a freshly painted fingernail!)

Friday night I visited Sim, John and new baby Aiden. He is SO cute and tiny. Saturday was mine and smelly's 1 year anniversary and we spent the day wandering round Bromley shops after a nice lie in and then having the eel I bought the other day with seasoned sushi rice and stir fried green beans (the eel ended up being more like the chinese fried dace you get in tins but it was ok). We were so tired after shopping we had a nap and then decided to stay in and watch films. Really enjoyed the day as I really needed a nice relaxing do nothing day... even though we didn't do anything special it was a perfect anniversary day.

Today I met Mum and sis in Bromley and we had lunch at The Slug and Lettuce where they were doing a £10 for 3 courses deal. The portions were huge! I had tempura prawns with sweet thai chilli dip, sausage and mash and rhubarb crumble and custard. Then we went to visit Dad in hospital, read the sunday papers and magazines and then went to Popo's for dinner. Mum really liked her mother's day present and almost cried which was nice! I got her a 'while Dad's in hospital' survival kit consisting of a vanity case stuffed with snickers bars, a hot water bottle to keep her warm in bed (because Dad's not there and she gets cold), a CD of Jay Chou songs which she wanted, a copy of 'The five people you meet in heaven', some No 7 protect and perfect serum, some rescue remedy for when she feels stressed, some sachets of different flavoured hot chocolate to drink at hospital, some intensive hand cream (because her hands are getting dry from washing them so much at hospital) and a hand made glass pendant necklace I made her.

Looking forward to dinner at Sugar Hut on Tuesday... and then LORD OF THE RINGS on Friday!! Yay!!

Comments

Popular Posts