The Sugar Hut

I went for dinner at The Sugar Hut last night. We were running late because smelly had left his credit card at a shop and had to go back to get it (sorry Kammy and Simon, we were on course to be early up until that point!), so he dropped me off while he found a space to park in. I got to the front door (two impressive church-like wooden doors) but they were shut. I tried opening them but they were locked, so I shook them. That was when the hostess opened the door from inside and rather haughtily said "you're supposed to ring the bell". Obviously I am not rich enough or exclusive enough to psychically pick up the notion of the unlabeled door bell... haha.

I didn't realise The Sugar Hut was an upmarket 'members only' kind of restaurant when I booked it. The decor is amazing, with gilded Buddhas and mirrors, fretwork wood screens, velvet and low lighting (possibly a bit too low as we had to squint to read the menu!). We ordered a Sugar Hut platter starter consisting of fishcakes, siu mai, satay chicken and prawns then 6 main dishes with rice. The lamb curry was really nice as was the duck, but the beef and the vegetable dishes (as Simon pointed out) tasted of gas/parafin. Anyway, the meal was nice overall and as I booked through top table we got 50% off the food.











I also finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie last night. Again it almost made me cry. I won't go on and on about it, my review is here.

Comments

kam kam said…
Thank you for taking us to this exclusive restauarnt. We had a good time! Next time when we choose a place, I hope that we won't upset you. hehe!

Popular Posts