Doing something good

Today, whilst browsing (and voting) on the Blogger's choice awards website (see the bottom of this post for more on that), I stumbled across Bloggers unite. Now, I'm not sure how up to date this website is, the last challenge posted was on 17th December, but it's a good idea. The jist of it is, they post a challenge and get the blogging world to post about a good cause, getting the word out into the web-o-sphere (my new word, like it?!) and drumming up interest. As I said, the last challenge has been and gone, with no sign of a new one, but it was a good idea. The theme was 'Acts of kindness':

Bloggers Unite challenges bloggers everywhere, on December 17th, to do something good offline — an act of kindness — and then post about it on their blogs, using words, pictures, and/or videos to tell the story.

The Acts of Kindness bloggers unite challenge aims at putting a human face on bloggers who are responsible for so much good in the world. The goal is to expose their kindness and generosity as well as serve as an example to non-bloggers that volunteering for a charity, donating to a cause, or simply doing something kind for another person has a ripple effect around the world.

Well, I think this is a really nice idea and something I think I'll do... but I think I'm going to put a spin on it... I'm going to take my time, do something good, and then post about it. Once I have, I'm going to list 3 people on my blog and challenge them to carry out a random act of kindness of their own and then refer 3 people. Kind of like an adaption of the whole 'pay it forward' film idea. So people, be prepared to be requested to do something kind randomly! Watch this space!

Bloggers choice awards

As I mentioned at the start of the post, I was browsing the Blogger's choice awards website today. I nominated a few of my favourite blogs and voted for Little red boat (best blog about stuff), Cute overload (best animal blog), Pigeon blog (freakiest blogger) and London Underground tube diary (best travel blog) if you're interested.... Incidentally, my blog and photo blog are also listed if you fancy voting for me! Just search for the URL of each or click here or on this lovely shiny button! I'm doubting I'll get many votes as hardly anyone ever reads/comments/casts their eyes over any of these posts but ya never know...!

My site was nominated for Best Blog About Stuff!

Comments

Popular Posts