Tweet tweet!

You may or may not have noticed that I added a twitter status box on the right hand sidebar of my blog last week. What is twitter I hear you ask... well,  for those of you who use facebook (which, let's face it, is pretty much everyone these days), twitter is a little like updating your status. It's a one or two line update on "what I'm doing now"... a bit like micro blogging. You can send the 'tweet' from your mobile as a text message, or update it online. I decided to sign up to twitter as I thought it would be a fun way to get my random thoughts out there into the interweb ether...

Anyway, I mention it, because yesterday I read an interesting blog article about celebrities who have started 'twittering' with varying degrees of success. The point of twittering is not just to get your brain farts out into the big wide world, but also to 'follow' other people's... so when someone starts following your feed, you reciprocate. The article name dropped a few interesting stars who have twitter feeds, although some are blatant marketing tools as opposed to nuggets of information on what your favourite celeb is doing now... take Britney Spears' twitter feed... quite obviously it's being updated by her management team and not Britney herself... needless to say, I won't be following that one!

But enough of the bad, and on to the good. There's a couple of famous faces I have decided to follow, some surprising. Stephen Fry's twitter feed is very funny and he even had the courtesy of adding me to his list of feeds he follows (he's following 9155 twitter feeds!). I also decided to add MC Hammer's tweets to my following list, partly from a bout of nostalgia and partly because his tweets are actually interesting to read. Kanye West's tweets are also pretty enlightening...

Anyway, for those of you who tweet, this article lists some good twitter celebs if you feel inclined to keep up to date with people you don't personally know... If anyone else knows of any good twitter feeds, let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts