All the leaves are brown...

"all the leaves are brown... and the sky is grey... and the sky is grey.... I went for a walk... I went for a walk.. on as winter's day... on a winter's day..."

Is it me, or did the seasons just change overnight? I came back from Spain and was walking around in jeans and a t-shirt sunning myself... fast forward a week and BAM! An arctic wind is a-blowin'... I think my fingertips have been popsicles for days. My body (and closet) was so not prepared for the sudden shock to the system and I've been desperately trying to dig out all my winter gear from the deep dark depths of my wardrobe... I've even been considering gloves this week!!

...Which brings me to another question... where does all my winter clothes go over the summer? Every year, autumn comes along, and it seems like all the jumpers, knit wear and warm clothes I had the previous year have gone on a summer vacation and decided to not return. Seriously inconsiderate! I seem to only own 2 or 3 suitable jumpers, the rest have all mysteriously disappeared. Do I have a wool-obsessed pullover gremlin in my cupboard? I reckon it's hiding under my bed, toasty warm in several layers of cable-knit snuggly goodness... probably complete with the ski socks I seem to have mislaid...

Looks like another shopping trip is on the cards. Such a shame... *sigh*

(oh, and yes, I did draw the gremlin, and yes, I am sad... I know... he came out far too cute. what was in my head some something far more sinister... haha)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The drawing looks like a ferengi to be honest.
Sweetpea said…
I don't know which is more sad... the fact that I know what a ferengi is, or that you do...

... and damn it's bugging me trying to work out who you are, serial blog post commenter... HAHA
Anonymous said…
It is unlikely gonna happen anytime soon. But I like to see myself as a 'Serial Critique' actually :0p
Sweetpea said…
haha... I know WHERE you are... just not WHO! I reckon you're a fellow BBC boarder though... ;o)
Anonymous said…
what about those that are ethnically Chinese...you don't wanna miss them out :op

Popular Posts