I may forget... Or maybe not...


So last night I went to see the take that musical, Never Forget, the musical. I'll be honest, I only agreed to go as my mum asked if i wanted a girls night out with her and my aunties, and wasn't expecting much from the show. And when the curtain went up and the two main characters burst into a stage worthy rendition of 'could this be magic', my brain screamed GET ME OUT OF HERE! Thankfully, my initial pang of cheese-induced horror was short lived.

Ok, the entire story was loosely written around Take That songs, as opposed to a gripping plot with added boy band goodness, but it was suprisingly funny, with some enjoyable dance routines and some fantastic special effects. Writing out Never Forget in the rain on stage is most definately something i will never forget (see what i did there? My own humour amazes me sometimes ho ho).

Unfortunately, the show was somewhat spoilt by the die hard take that fanatic who kept on screaming, wolf whistling and basically acting like a flesh hungry housewife at a strip show... Someone should have told her that they werent the REAL take that... There was just one too many post-menopausal mums in the audience for my liking, one of which was sitting behind me creating a god almighty draft down my neck as she fanned herself with her programme, gripped by am attack of the hot flushes. Watching a theatre full of my mothers generation (and older) boogie to Relight My Fire post curtain call was one cringe too many for me... But in all worth the £25 ticket even if youre not a take that groupie.

(posted from my mobile, whilst stuck in traffic on the 381 bus to work... oh the wonders of technology...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good thing, you took a healthy moral standpoint! Already taking notes on what shows to avoid.
Sweetpea said…
Perhaps my review was slightly over-scathing, as it was actually not a bad show. I laughed a lot and the music was obviously enjoyable... it was just a tad too cheddar-tastic for me though!

Popular Posts