An inspiration in pictures

When I first signed up to Flickr, I was totally overwhelmed by the quality and quantity of the photos members posted. It made my own photography pale in comparison. And then I discovered Rosie Hardy... and realised there's so much more to taking a good photo. You can be technically amazing and know all the right processes, own all the right equipment, but without creative flair and imagination you're just another photographer snapping away...

Maybe it's my tendency to lean towards the wistful and romantic, or maybe it's just that her photographs are SO different and imaginative, but I aspire to be as technically and creatively outstanding as she is. Plus, the story behind her images (she fell in love with a fellow flickr-ite across the water in the States) adds something more than just pretty pictures. But such talent will undoubtedly attract both positive and negative recognition... I discovered her photos when I stumbled across a very anti Rosie discussion thread. I guess, you either love her or hate her.

I love her (well, her photos anyway..!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
another whimsical blog.
Sweetpea said…
Another bitter comment...
Anonymous said…
BRRrrring it...Sweatpea. You had few days of some respite.
Sweetpea said…
...and it was SO nice in your absence...

I guess it's so easy to be so blunt and abrasive when you're faceless and withholding your identity huh? Cowardice is such a sad trait to have...
Anonymous said…
It would be wrong if Anon Critique doesn't have his word. I do enjoy our cordial exchanges :-) As you are only too aware: Sticks and Stones...!
Anonymous said…
Anyone for one angry angst driven chick??
Anonymous said…
Get a room!!!
Sweetpea said…
Awww you feeling left out DC? haha

Don't worry, I'll take the pee out of you in person on weds muahahaha
Anonymous said…
I have to agree with you, dc. It must be me being bitter again or...she's being goofy!

Popular Posts