Jay Chou - Capricorn

I finally got sick sick sick of listening to the same RNB songs over and over on my phone yesterday (mainly Beyonce - If I were a boy and Gym Class Heroes - Cookie Jar, on repeat...) so I decided to go for something totally different and bunged a load of canto pop on instead...

Ok, actually, just Jay Chou songs to be honest, as I don't really know any other Cpop artists I like... and now I've had 'Rice aroma' (Dao Xiang) stuck in my head all day... which is hilarious, because I can't speak Chinese.. and yet have the odd word popping into my head along with the melody... it's a miracle I don't know fluent mandarin, cantonese and korean from all the non-English music I listen to!

Anyway, if you haven't heard his latest song (and in fact for once I'm up to date, as 'Capricorn' is his latest album), here's the video, so you can all hum along with me as I sit at my desk... the album is a load better than 'On the run', which had about two songs I actually wanted to listen to more than once.



On a related note, surprisingly, my Mum heard some of the Jay Chou songs I was listening to and asked for me to make a CD for her. I think it must be all the traditional instruments he uses. I have to admit, I prefer these as opposed to the rapping RNB styles he uses sometimes.







Comments

Anonymous said…
I am a banana (in canada tho' I don't really like the term) but yeah I've been only listening to Jay Chou for mandarin music lately. His new album is good.. I listen all his songs and I don't know much mandarin at all.

Popular Posts