Dead set


I stumbled across this on TV last night as I did my usual channel surf, trying to find ONE that wasn't a blur of blue wobbly lines and broken audio (I really need to buy a new aerial). I have always loved zombie films, 28 days later being one of my favourites, even though they scare the bejesus out of me, so when I heard about a new show set around the Big Brother house, I obviously wanted to watch it. It's eviction night, there's the usual crowd of die hard BB fans clamouring for a view of the Z list celebrity being booted out of the house, oblivious to the national crisis occuring across the country... seemingly DEAD people are attacking and EATING everyone in sight... one of the flesh eating zombies stumbles into the fans, and it's like a set of dominoes. Before you know it, everyone outside the house is chomping away on intestines and brains, lurching around gawping... (Davina MaCall makes a frighteningly convincing zombie by the way!). The contestants in the house are completely oblivious to the drama outside until one of the last surviving crew members makes it inside... of course, they think it's all another crazy big brother social experiment.... until one of them gets chomped!

The show really borrows from films like 28 days later, the zombies really do have the same feel about them.... with their fast moving, growling shamble and the way the camera angles are shot. Rather ironic that possibly the only surviving members of the public may be the vacuous idiots that big brother seems to love cooping up in the goldfish bowl that is mind numbing reality TV hell. I suppose if they did get 'turned' there wouldn't be that much difference! (yes you can tell I am not a BB fan...)

Well, looks like it's a two parter... the next half is on tonight. I can't wait....!

Comments

Popular Posts