Walking in a winter wonderland

What a nice weekend! Friday night I went to the Frost Fair outside the Tate and took some night time photos then went to Pizza Express with my housemate. Then we got Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix out on DVD as she hadn't seen it before and watched that. Saturday smelly and I didn't get up until gone midday, went for yum cha at Wing Yip, then when we got back I used up the bag of bananas Mum gave me on a banoffee pie. Then I made him go to see the crazy house in Bromley which is covered in Chrismas lights. It's decorated every year with a grotto and the roof and driveway have a ferris wheel, cadillac, glowing santas and snowmen... then went to see my sister and watch the final of the X Factor and semi final of Strictly Come Dancing. Then we watched a Korean film called "Unstoppable Marriage" which was hilarious.

Today we had a Pizza Hut pizza for lunch because smelly dreamt of one and woke up with a craving... then we went to the Natural History Museum and saw the Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year award exhibition. It gave me so many ideas for photos and I really want to get that zoom lens now! I really really want to go to London Zoo for my birthday now and I also want to go to the Wetlands Centre near smelly's house to get photos of the birds there. Winter would make a brilliant back drop, especially if it's really frosty or snowing. My favourite photos have to be these three.

Then we went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. By then it was FREEZING! We didn't go on any rides though as it was SO expensive... £7 for one ride?! Crazy... Very pretty though, with all the Christmas lights and the giant lit up ferris wheel.

I'm feeling a bit ill now, not good at all... maybe get an early night and hope I'm ok for work tomorrow. Boohoo.... but one amazingly good thing to top off my weekend... my cousin donated a WHOPPING amount to my fundraising page for the Lymphoma Research Trust... I asked everyone to donate rather than buy me birthday presents and it's really made my weekend. It was an extremely generous gift, so thank you!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts