Yum dom cha

Ok ok, so I scheduled some posts to appear while I'm away to keep you all entertained... and you thought I was going to leave you for a week blogless huh? hehe...

Surfing you tube over the weekend I stumbled across this music video from Jin. It was so funny I thought I'd share. The song's all about going yum cha.


And here's the translation for those of you who don't speak Chinese... although admittedly, if you're not Chinese, you probably don't go to Chinese restaurants for yum cha (dim sum) so this will just not mean a thing to you... but it made me laugh anyway! Especially the fighting over the bill bit! Anyone who's Chinese knows how we love to fight over who pays... especially when it's family!

(drink some tea, eat a bun)
Said we'll meet at 10:30.
Must be there at 10:30.
So early, other than "drink tea" what else is there to do?
If you don't mind "dap toy", the food can be available sooner.
If you don't want to "dap toy" then you need to wait around 15 minutes.
There's nothing I can do.
I rather wait a while than to squeeze in with other people.
We don't really know each other.
I am me and you are you.I drink "heung peen", you drink "bo lay".
We are not compatible, so we should avoid each other if possible.
All there is in "drink tea" is lots of loud noises.
The most imporant thing is the food is tasty, hot, and fresh.[repeat those two lines]

Chorus
(drink some tea, eat a bun)

Let's do a comparison, if dim sum is a set, then "ha gow" would be the main character.
Otherwise, why is it always the first one to come on stage (table)?
I want shrimp "chueng" not beef "chueng", please help me change it.
The "lor mai guy" is really hot every time, so I take my time when eating it.
Please give me an order of spare rips and chicken feet.
The egg custard is not hot enough, can you please help me give it a "ding" (microwave)?
Excuse me, is the BBQ Pork bun steamed or baked?
The turnip cake needs to be pan-fried right.
Add some "hoy sin" sauce on the top, then you can immediately put it in your tummy.[repeat those two lines]

Chorus
(drink some tea, eat a bun)

You're not full? "Drink tea" has a convenience.
You can order a dry style beef chow fun or a seafood chow mien (noodle dishes).
If you can't finish, you can take it to go.
You need to save as much as you can.
Let me finish this tea, then I'll tell the server to bring the bill.
I'm gonna go to the restroom.
Last time you paid, so let me pay for this time.
You better not fight with me (for the bill).
Talking:
Last time you paid, so it is my turn.
Are we friends?
If we're friends then you won't fight with me (for the bill).
We're friends, what are we fighting for?
Let me pay.
What?
You want to fight (argument)?
You want to start an argument from drink tea?
Let me pay!!

Chorus
(drink some tea, eat a bun)

God... I'm hungry now... don't think they'll have good dim sum in Spain though so I'll just have to wait until I get back!! Hmm... nice plate of wor kok... and some chicken feet... droooool...

Comments

Anonymous said…
My, My you are a busy girl..can't switch off even when on holiday. You've ve got the chinese etiquette and Nuances to a T. you're not Hakka, R U??

Popular Posts