Apple domination...

Apple made their 'BIG' announcement the other week about the next generation of iPods and iPhones. I've never really bought into the iPod hype, only getting a freebie second hand-me-down iPod from a friend, which now sits in a drawer somewhere unused. Maybe it's the non-conformist in me, or the (not so) closet geek, or my loathing of iPod's interface iTunes, but whatever the reason I just couldn't get on with Apple's offering. Yes, ok, the pretty colours are attractive and the colour screen with snazzy scrolling album art is appealing... but I just hated the way iTunes works and got fed up having to maintain playlists in Windows media player as well. My handbag bulges to the seams with filofax (yes, for a total tech nut it seems odd I hold fast to writing in a paper diary, but I just like to turn the pages... what can I say!), umbrella, purse, phone, SLR (when I can be bothered to cram it in) and book, without adding additional extraneous gadgets. I'm a sucker for the all-in-one, do everything in a neat little package electronics... and that's exactly what my mobile does. 5mp camera, MP3 player, internet browser and phone in one. Why would I bother with an iPod?

Still, I may still be converted if someone bought me one (although for once that is not a hint as I can think of a gazillion other gadgety things I'd prefer)... or if I get a serious case of upgraditis after seeing a fully functioning 4th generation nano. But for now, I'm much more interested in gaining a better camera phone than a flashy MP3 player (that one WAS a hint... blatantly!).

On a totally different note, is it me or does Apply CEO Steve Jobs look like he's been on the slim fast?! 6 years difference and he's gone from healthy to frail... I see his choice in wardrobe hasn't changed as much as his appearance though!

Comments

Popular Posts