Chick speak

It seems like there's new words being made up with increasing frequency over the past few years.. some funny and some plain stupid. The dating arena has always been a source of hilarity when it comes to acronyms and phrases, and when I heard the phrase guyatus on the radio the other day I had to google it to see what it meant. That was it, it became my new favourite word. I am on one... a guyatus. Google it people....

Anyway, in my search for a definition of this new unfamiliar word, I can across a number of other ones which made me laugh. Some are real gems which I felt I just had to share with you all.... they will definitely be creeping into my vocabulary as a single girl who meets so many scum's, REPs and fifty footers...
  • Guyatus: A hiatus from guys
  • Scum: Self-Centered Urban Male
  • Fifty-footer: Someone who looks really attractive from 50 feet away. Doesn't look so hot close up.
  • Drailing: Drunken emailing (never a good idea, but something I've never really done)
  • Drexting: Drunken texting (again, definitely never a good idea and something I certainly have done)
  • REPs: Reverse evolution princes: Men who at first seem to be princes but turn out to be frogs (Isn't that most guys? Or maybe I happen to be a REP magnet... haha)
  • Stray: A heterosexual male who everyone secretly thinks is gay (I know a few of these! Haha... you know who you are boys!)
So, I got thinking... maybe I could make up some of my own... so I had a bash.
  • Photogagic - Photogenic guy who looks good on paper, makes you gag in person
  • Slunk - Slimy drunk... great guy when sober, tries it on after a few beers
  • BANF - Bad attitude, nice face... basically every good looking bad boy out there...
I'm sure I'll think of more but feel free to leave a comment with any gooduns I've left out or not thought of!

Comments

Popular Posts