Positivity effects physicality?

Browsing the British Born Chinese discussion board yesterday I came across a really interesting thread. Now, I'm a big believer in fate (my favourite film being Serendipity says it all really) and I've been having a really bad week and attack of the negativity vibes, so stumbling across this discussion came just at the right time. Although I don't research much on the theory behind positive thinking, and never read books like 'The Secret' and other texts on the law of attraction, I do believe it works and have been putting it into practice over the past 6 months or so. Since changing my mind set from an overly negative one (I had a real tendency to feel sorry for myself and insist that if something bad can happen to me, it will... and so it did), to a much more positive outlook, my life has dramatically changed. New opportunities have opened up to me, new friends have touched my life, I've attracted a lot more positive attention, I feel miles more confident and everything has just gotten a hell of a lot better. Then this week, I hit a bump in the road with family and personal issues and realised that it's very easy to preach positivity when everything is going well, but the real challenge is to put it in practice when life slaps you in the face.

So, when I clicked on this thread without knowing what it was about, it acted like a wake up call to snap out of my melancholic state and get back into thinking good things.

Dr Masaru Emoto is a Japanese researcher who carried out experiments on the effects of emotions on water's molecular structure. What he discovered, was that jars of water labeled with positive phrases such as 'love' and 'thank you' which were projected with said emotions produced beautiful crystalline structures when frozen. In contrast, jars labeled and projected with negative emotions such as 'I hate you' and 'I will kill you' resulted in ugly and irregular crystal formations.

 Love

 Thank you
You make me sick

Hitler

Now, I don't for a second propose that any of Dr Emoto's work is scientifically sound, proven or real, but I do think it's interesting. We are made up of 70% water. When we're depressed and sad, we become run down and ill. The Chinese believe solidly in the theory of energy and chi. So is it so hard to believe that the emotions you project have a physical effect? Fact or not, it's interesting reading and doesn't promote a bad way of thinking really does it?

You can read more on Dr Emoto's research here, as well as watching the video clips below.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Read "Yes man" by Danny wallace. thats kind of about positivity.

and being positive rather than negative i generally a good way forward. Still, a good ol' moan can be theraputic, but yeah chin up! ;)

p.s Your getting lazy with project 365 uploading slower hahaha
Sweetpea said…
Thanks Xand... :o)

Yeah I know, I been slacking. I've taken the photos, I just haven't posted them up! Been busy... but have updated my blog now just for you haha

Popular Posts