I hate jellyfish...

I love eating them, I hate live ones... because the little buggers HURT! There was me, happily swimming along from the anchored platform out a little way away from the shore, when I feel this sharp pain in my right bum cheek. It was almost like an electric shock. Panicking I started kicking harder to get away from the evil little thing and I was only half way back so swam the rest of the way with my butt on fire. I've never been stung before and let me tell you, it hurts like hell! Anyway, a 'borrowed' bottle of vinegar from a local restaurant later and it didn't hurt so much, but the whole situation is now quite funny... and here's a photo of my bum to illustrate what a jelly fish sting looks like:

 

The girls reassurances didn't help much... obviously I can't actually look at my own behind without the aide of a mirror, so had to keep bending over and shoving my backside in their faces for closer inspection, saying "how does it look? Is it bad?"... and wasn't really comforted by the contorted faces and exclaimations of "quick, Ronnie, look up jelly fish stings on your phone!" and "oooooooh...." combined with scrunched up noses. I felt even better when, post vinegar dousing, the girls were all visibly relieved by how much the sting went down!

Aside from my encounter with a stinging globular invertebrate, the rest of the holiday was incident free... oh, aside from me cracking the wing mirror on the ridiculously HUGE hunk of metal that was our hire car (the car hire guy told us to get a 7 seater for the same price as 2 small hire cars and I found the combination of driving a car way bigger than I'm used to, with driving on the wrong side of the road, on the wrong side of the car a bit too much and cracked it on something whilst trying to avoid a car on a narror beach road... oops!), and having a summer cold the entire week complete with stuffed up nose, sore throat and headache. 

But yes, aside from those minor issues, the holiday was fab. The weather topped the 30's, we did some sight seeing, relaxed on the beach a lot, shot some pool, did some drinking, way too much eating (I now need to go jogging later to start working off the immense amount of paella and ice cream I consumed whilst away!) and generally made the most of being not in London. We visited the caves in Nerja, The Alhambra in Granada, shopped in Almunecar, and sunbathed in La Herradura. All very civilised and all very relaxing.
So now I've got to post process a million photos I took, upload the non bikini shots onto facebook, upload the other best shots on to flickr, do some washing, go for a run, buy some food and then get ready to go out partying tonight... no rest for the wicked eh?! haha

Comments

Popular Posts