What's in my handbag...?

A girl's handbag is a treasure trove of essentials... from mobile phones (in my case two... yes I'm greedy) to make up must haves, it's something that every woman has in common and every guy wonders about. Well, wonder no more my male friends! Today's blog is all about What's in my handbag

Browsing Facebook, I spotted a link posted by my friend YY, called What's in my Handbag (WIMH). Intrigued, as it was a concept I blogged about in 2010, I thought I'd take a look. As you can see, my handbag as grown up a little bit in the past 2 years! A lot more makeup and a lot less Hello Kitty!

The idea of the site is for ladies like myself to post photos of the contents of their handbags, tag their products, and browse other handbags. You can add products to your wish list from other people's tagged products, and WIMH get beauty brands to give out samples of products for you to try for free. Sounds good to me! After posting a photo of my handbag contents (and a few extra essentials that admittedly I can't fit in now I've downsized, but still use every day without fail), I tagged away and then went on the hunt for friend's handbags to have a nosy. This, in my opinion, is where the website falls down. You can easily browse the "magazine" of celebrity handbag contents and WIMH editors picks, but I am at a total loss as to where you can find other "real" user's handbag contents. To me, they're missing a trick! Making the site social, enabling you to "friend" other people and browse their handbag contents, tagging items you'd like to try and read recommendations, would make this site really take off. If the functionality is there, I've missed it. It's such a shame as it would make me log in a lot more frequently. As it is, I kind of feel like I've done my bit and there's not much else to do on the site other than maybe pop in once a month to see what's new in the magazine section.

Anyway, on to what's actually IN my handbag... well, you can view the tags and my reasons for selecting and using my essentials here:  http://www.whatsinmyhandbag.com/bag/634 but here's a brief list of what I can't live without!
  • Neals Yard Shea nut and rose hip lip balm - lasts ages and doesn't slip off like some other greasy lip balms.
  • Dove essential nourishment hand cream - by FAR the best hand cream I've ever used. Absorbs quickly, non greasy and really moisturises dry skin.
  • MAC pro longwear foundation - the only foundation I've found that doesn't make me look orange and matches my annoyingly pale and slightly yellow tinged skin tone! Plus it lasts ALL day without sliding off grease prone skin.
  • No7 extreme length waterproof mascara - I've tried sooooo many mascaras, and all of them end up making me look like a panda thanks to my greasy skin. This one not only stays put, but it coats and defines without clumping, as well as lengthens and thickens my lashes. I won't use anything else!
  • 2True waterproof liquid eyeliner - same as above... all the liquid and gel eyeliners I've tried seem to slide off. This is the only one that stays put and it's the cheapest. I think you can only buy this brand at Superdrug and I think it's something ridiculous like £2!
To read the rest of my recommendations, click here and hover over the tags to read more! To sign up and add your own handbag, click here! So... what's in YOUR handbag?


Comments

Popular Posts