My baby shower!

This weekend I had my baby shower! First off before I say how we spent the day, I want to say a big BIG thank you to my mum and sister for organising. I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you put in to make it such an amazing day! Poor mummy now has a horrible cold and has lost her voice. I hope it's not from all the running around yesterday!

So, Saturday was my baby shower. I was praying for sun and not real showers and luckily the weather held out. Good thing too as all the boys went to my house to have a BBQ (after hubby had tackled the waist length grass in our garden!). All my friends came along and I genuinely feel very very blessed to have such wonderful people around me. Mum organised some really funny games for everyone to play, which we're hilarious. Learning to fold a terry towel nappy and pin it on a balloon was educational to say the least (no one popped the baby hooray!) and stuffing balloons up girls tops so they could look pregnant was hilarious. Taste the baby food was an eye opener... no one could guess the mashed carrot blindfolded, and thought the apple was pear! We also had some anagrams to unscramble (which no one completed thanks to the American spelling of certain things like labor!) and guess the baby weight, birth date etc (I'll post up the guesses below! We'll see who is closest!). Mum also made lots of blank bunting triangles which everyone decorated with fabric pens, so I'll string them all up for baby's 1st birthday!

Mum did a fantastic job with the food, and little sis with the decorations. Also my friend Maggie came with some beautiful cup cakes that she'd made for the shower, which was so so sweet of her! They looks so pretty and professional! Tasted YUM too!

Lots of my friends both old and new came along. It was so nice to see my new mummy friends with their babies too! If I wasn't already pregnant I'd have been mega broody with all the cute little kiddies there! I managed to get lots of baby cuddles in and even some toddler kisses :)

I had an absolutely fantastic day and was totally shattered by the time I went to bed, after showing hubby all the lovely gifts everyone had bought for baby... thank you again everyone! This child has a bigger wardrobe than me now! We got so many beautiful and useful gifts, from gorgeous dresses, to baby bouncers, swaddle blankets, ointments, bibs, toys and shoes. My friend Danielle even made a nappy cake filled with nappies, scratch mitts, muslins and baby grows! She even folded the muslins and mitts into little flowers! Such a clever girlie!

So I just want to say the biggest THANK YOU to everyone who came and made yesterday so so special. It was so nice to see everyone and have all my friends meet. I truly am BLESSED to have such amazing friends (and family of course). Thank you thank you thank you for making it such a wonderful day. I'm genuinely touched.

So on to the guesses for bean beans birth date/weight (the mummies in the group are obviously expecting me to have a bigger baby than the non mummies... maybe judging by my big bump! Haha!):

DL
Birth date: 12/08
Weight: 8lbs
Length: 10cm
Dimples: 1
Hair: sparse

SL
Birth date: 23/08
Weight: 8lbs 2oz
length: 30cm
Dimples: 2
Hair: moderate

DLS
Birth date: 23/08
Weight: 7lbs 10oz
Length: 28cm
Dimples: 1
Hair: loads

BP
Birth date: 25/08 8am
Weight: 7lbs 7oz

HW
Birth date: 22/08
Weight: 7lbs 2oz
dimples: 1
Length: 25cm
Hair: some hair

Comments

Popular Posts