I'm going to be a mummy....!

Yes, I know I'm 33 weeks pregnant now in theory could have as little as 5 weeks until little Su Yin is here... but it seems like reality has only just hit me this week. How can I have only just realised I'm going to be a mother, when I've had a sizeable baby bump from very early on I hear you ask? Well, being pregnant is one thing, but identifying with the little being growing inside you, feeling a connection and a bond with this alien thing that slowly takes up all your abdominal space, doesn't happen overnight. Maybe some women coo and pat their bellies from the moment that little line appears on the pregnancy test, but for me it's taken a lot longer. I don't think I genuinely identified with my unborn daughter until I had my 3D scan. Even then, it seemed like an age away until she would arrive. Now both my pregnant friends I met online are full term and waiting for their daughters to make an appearance, and I'm only 4 weeks behind them. Little Su Yin is going to be here very very soon. I have 3 1/2 weeks left at work. Soon I'll be off. For a year. My full time job is going to be a mother for the next 12 months. And I'm SO excited. It's like this huge revelation. I'm going to be a mummy! It's genuinely only really hit me this week. Soon I'll be holding her in my arms... kissing her baby smelling little head and holding her little hand. I cannot WAIT! I'm so so so excited!!!

Comments

Popular Posts