Wordle!

I found this cool new website this morning which generates word clouds. I've been looking for something along these lines for ages for my blog, using post tags, but this cool little app uses your RSS feed to generate the bubble. You can customise everything from the font to the colours! Here's what I got (with a little bit of fiddling) when I entered my feed!


I think I'm going to have HOURS of fun with this one... heh heh I also had a go at creating a wordle based on one of my poems. I'm quite happy with the result! The word cloud really gets across the theme of the poem.


Unchanged by history, frozen in time 
A shamble of buildings, chaotic and close 
Winding pathways through shopfronts and homes 
A bazaar of mules and wares 
Cloying heat and exotic smells 
Of spices and sweat, animal and man 
Sunlight dappled through rushes and roofs 
Rough ancient plaster and tarnished bronze 
Vibrant colours, mosaic and cloth 
Carvings of wood, deep grained and lacquered 
Leathery faces sit basking from doorsteps 
Aromas of mint and tea mixed with smoke 
Saffron-stained leather dries in the sun 
Hands and feet stained scarlet 
Beaten gold into intricate designs 
Adorn doorways next to tile mosaique 
Shops that open onto sandy alleys 
A labryinthine network of streets and buildings 
Roofs overlapping, tilework and whitewash 
Whilst the wail of religion calls to service

Comments

Popular Posts