Weird food news stories

Browsing Sky News one lunch, I noticed a rash of odd food related news stories listed along the new 'popular news' bar on the left hand side of the homepage (a new feature of their website revamp, which I incidentally detest. I'm not sure what it is with all these recent website redesigns but I was quite happy with the old format. Don't even get me started on eBay's new search! grrr). The reason they caught my eye is that the stories all seem to be encouraging Sky News readers to kick the healthy diet and eat junk! Not sure what I mean? Here's the side bar!

Surely it's slightly irresponsible to be listing all these news items together, even if it is by co-incidence?! Placing 'Slimmer sheds ten stone eating beans' next to 'Fruit gives you a pot belly' and a story on how eating a full cooked breakfast will keep you slim seems a bit of a joke! On closer inspection the stories actually have a sensible message, but the photos and headlines combined are just a tad misleading! Anyway, it made me laugh...

Comments

Popular Posts