Hancock

I went to see a film I've been itching to watch for ages yesterday... Hancock. I didn't think there was much hype leading up to the film at first, but in the past week or two it seems to have been plastered everywhere, radio, TV etc. So I'd seen the trailer about a million times before I sat down in my seat at Surrey Quays cinema (surrounded by teens in hoodies.. nice!). I was a bit apprehensive as to whether the film would be funny, as so many movies put all the best gags in the trailer, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not knowing too much about the storyline apart from the fact that Hancock is a waste of space with super hero powers who cocks up any good deed he takes to hand, I was left with my jaw on the (rather sticky) floor when the major plot twist was revealed. The film had tons of excellent one liners as well as slap stick and I laughed through the entire movie. The cast was excellent (I hadn't even realised Charlize Theron was in it until her character was introduced 15 mins into the film), Will Smith was his usual brilliant self and there were some great child actors. Ok, admittedly there were gaps in the plot. There's not much background on what Hancock is or where he came from, but it didn't matter. What needed explaining got said and the rest is left to speculation. I won't say any more on the film as it may give the story away. Instead I'll just say go and see it!

Some of my favorite Hancock quotes from the film...

Rail Crossing Crowd #2: Your breath smells like alcohol!
Hancock: That's cause I've been drinking bitch!

Pissed Fat Guy: You know? Somebody should sue you!
Hancock: You know what? You should sue McDonalds, cuz they fucked you up!

Comments

Popular Posts