As I was going to St Ives...

... I met a man with seven wives, And every wife had seven sacks, And every sack had seven cats, And every cat had seven kits, Kits, cats, sacks, wives... How many were going to St Ives?

Just had a lovely weekend in Cornwall... was gutted I didn't have the sense to take my camera with me as there was so many good shots down there, but my not-so-bad 3.2 mp camera on my phone served it's purpose! Me and my friend got the train from Paddington on Thursday after work and spent the 4 1/2 hour journey to Par playing our Nintendo DS's... (and I got my ass kicked at pretty much everything except boggle! Need to practice my backgammon game!). We stayed at her Dad's house, who has two cute 4 month old cats called Pickle and Lily (and whom I was allergic to and spent Thursday night sneezing with my nose bunged up).

Friday we went to Fowey, Looe and Downderry. We saw some rock pools and I collected shells which I'm going to attempt to make some jewellery out of, and walked round the cute boutique shops and winding narrow lanes. We had a nice roast for dinner and I slept like a log after all the fresh air!

Saturday we drove to St Ives, Hayle, Perranporth and Newquay. We walked along the beach, ate fish and chips in the car, walked around St Ives which had a festival going on and then had scones with cream and strawberry jam back at home.

Sunday was the long train journey back home again. I got some really good photos over the weekend which I can't wait to look at on my laptop! Will definitely have to go back again another time to take more.

Comments

Popular Posts