I think we have a BLW!

For those of you not in the know, that's a baby led weaner... there's two types of weaning... spoon fed and baby led. Spoon feeding is probably what everyone my age is used to. Lots of mushy purées, here comes the aeroplane etc etc. Baby led weaning means giving baby a selection of fist sized batons of fruit, veg etc (steamed to death) and letting them feed themselves. Well, despite my trying to spoon feed munchkin, after two weeks she's still not having any of it. Her mouth is tightly clamped shut! But she does keep trying to grab the spoon, so yesterday I gave it to her, and she shoved it right in her mouth! Obviously she wants to do everything on her terms, as usual! Baby led weaning freaks me out a bit due to the choking risk but some parents solely wean this way and I'm beginning to think munchkin is a baby led weaner... gah!! Looks like ill be steaming some carrots tonight! Eek!!

Comments

Popular Posts