Teenage literacy

Apparently my tastes in fictional novels is decidedly below my age... well, according to Bromley library anyway. After deciding I was spending a horrific amount of money on books, with no lovely home of my own to house them (I love to keep and display books. Something rather difficult to do when you're living in your parents spare box room) I decided to make use of my local library.

There were two books I was interested in reading. The sequel to the Japanese fantasy, Across the nightingale floor, by Lian Hearn called Grass for his pillow, and a Chinese fantasy called Dragon horse. After some digging and scouring the fantasy and general fiction sections, I finally found both in the teenage lending section. TEENAGE? Are my literary needs so basic? But then, some of the best books written are meant for children. Look at the Harry Potter books.

Anyway, I decided on some Chinese mythology. Shame it's a hard back book. Kids have rucksacks to carry these things in. I had to dig out a bigger handbag. Guess it could be an excuse for a new one, but then I'm guessing that defeats the point of my money-saving reason for signing up to the library..?

Comments

Popular Posts