I can do better than that!

That's what I thought when I started reading my current book. I'm a third through and it disappointingly hasn't improved. The plot is obvious and clumsy, the narrative childish. Perhaps that's what you get for reading a book from the teenage section of the library. But it got me thinking "I can do better than that!".

When I was in my teens I virtually wrote a vampire novel, which I eventually lost interest in and gave up on. This time round I plan to stick it out. I bought a tiny portable laptop to write the novel to make my millions, which I now carry in my handbag and tap tap away on throughout my commute to and from work. Needless to say, it's pink. I may as well look cute while I knit my brow in concentration, trying to cut out the rather loud business man conference calling on his blackberry...

I guess I've set the bar high thanks to my countless book reviews. I only hope my resulting effort is readable! Who knows if it'll ever get published, but I guess everyone has their dreams. In the mean time,
I'll just use my pretty pink asus eee pc as an outlet for the film that is constantly playing in my head...
Sent from my Nokia phone

Comments

Popular Posts