Avast me hearties! Guybush Threepwood is BACK!!!

OMG! I am literally peeing my pants with excitement (hope my work colleagues next to me don't notice). I just read that Lucas Arts, who have been concentrating on churning out Star Wars computer games over the past few years, have finally announced a new piratey grog swilling installment of MONKEY ISLAND!!!!

For those of you who have been neglected on the swashbuckling fun, let me fill you in. Back in 1990, Lucas Arts released a PC puzzle solving game with the unlikely hero Guybush Threepwood as the star. With bountiful clickable and unlikely item combinations to solve problems, you insulted, bribed, sword-fought and voodoo'ed yourself across the carribean to defeat the evil undead pirate LeChuck. Three more games followed, each with better graphics than the original's pixel art style.



Now a new installment of the game is due to be released on 7th July in the form of 5 mini games for the Wii and PC. Sneak peek on youtube below... I can't wait to get those insults flying!!!

Comments

Popular Posts