Good start to May bank holiday...

Well my bank holiday weekend has started off to a good start. Today me and my boyfriend got up early (unheard of for a weekend, believe me) and set off for Soho so he could get his hair chopped (it was in need of a trim as I'm surprised he hadn't started bumping into things, his fringe had got that long). Hair freshly lopped, we had a (rather crappy) picnic in Regents park on a bench then walked to London Zoo. Idiotically, I hadn't remembered the glaringly obvious fact that it was May bank holiday weekend AND sunny, so got to the zoo and was shocked by the queue. Lucky we didn't wait too long and were soon inside, camera at the ready.

I've been to London Zoo a fair few times now, but still love it. This time the biodome was a lot more alive, possibly because it was later in the day, and we saw some cute monkeys. I have to say that my favourites were still the poisonous frogs (their colours are amazing), and the meerkats.

Poisonous frog

Meerkat

After an afternoon of animal voyerism, we headed to Pho off Regents Street for dinner. Now, I should have anticipated that this would be a mistake, but the 50% off deal on top table enticed me so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm a Vietnamese food addict so have tried most of the restaurants on Kingsland road, and none beat my beloved Cafe East in Deptford. Needless to say, Pho did not stand up to the test. The pho was so heavily laced with MSG I'm shocked we didn't drop dead of a heart attack half way through dinner, and the meatballs were, er, interesting to say the least (with a consistency not unlike pate!). The bun was made with the wrong noodles (thickness of spaghetti instead of vermicelli). The staff were extremely nice though, and attentive, BUT I won't go back. Sorry. Boyfriend is a very picky eater, and grumbled all the way to Chinatown where we went for roast duck, pork and rice... well, he ate, I watched.

Now I'm post processing the ton of photos from the zoo, will upload probably about 5 from all of them because I'm picky, and listening to the other half play at being a rock god on guitar hero. Think I may have to take the guitar off him in a bit and put him to shame. har har.

Comments

Popular Posts