Getting old? Or just living well...

...or maybe not so much as living well, but living in a well to do area... I bought a car yesterday, and had to go through the palaver of finding car insurance. I have to say, compare the market's marketing team are genuises, as I went straight to comparethemarket.com purely because I liked their meerkat adverts and they stuck in my head... (I HATE confused.com's ads, they're old fashioned, annoying and er... confusing!!).

Anyway, my last car was an L reg Vauxhall Tigra, and I paid over £350 for a year's fully comprehensive insurance, so was expecting something similar if not a tad cheaper due to my new L reg Corsa's 1.4 engine compared to the Tigra's 1.6. I was almost jumping for joy when the search results came back with a lowest quote of £154!! WOW! But then, it got me thinking... why IS it so cheap? Is it because I'm nearing 30 and therefore no longer a potential hormone raging speed-demon, or is it because I went from living in knife crime central Deptford, to the 'burbs of Kent. Either way, man, I'm hurtling towards middle age fast, with all the cost cutting perks...

Meh, who cares, my car insurance was £184!*

* Yes, another sign of age and responsible thinking, I went for the slightly more expensive quote as it was with trustworthy AA, and included courtesy car, protected no claims (of which I have 7! woohoo) and breakdown cover (I HAVE just bought a 15 year old car so thought it prudent).

Comments

Popular Posts