Grand national and a dose of positivity...

Well, the office is doing it's annual sweepstakes. Last year I got a 100-1 horse, Cornish Sett. Needless to say, I didn't win. This year my odds are marginally better at 28-1 with Brooklyn Brownie. That made me smile, my boyfriend's favourite snack... Come on universe, are you listening? I need some extra cash.... please...

I have to admit though, as down as I've been the past week or so, the universe HAS been listening. I got tickets to see Jason Mraz, the most positive and upbeat artist out there right now, and one of my favourite bloggers... and whilst watching Evan Almighty with my boyfriend the other night, I was reminded of one of my favourite quotes from one of the most unlikely movies around...

"If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does He give them the opportunity to be patient? If they pray for courage, does God give them courage or does He give them the opportunity to be courageous? If someone prayed for their family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings? Or does He give them opportunities to love each other?"
— Morgan Freeman in Evan Almighty

Everything happens for a reason, even the bad things... youi just have to look for the good in every situation.

Now give my horse WINGS!! haha

Comments

Popular Posts