Swine flu...

Oh... I so wish I hadn't watched I am ledgend last week... the swine flu outbreak just has me thinking 'everyone's going to turn into zombies and start eating brains.. woooooo'. Those piglets on Saturday looked so innocent. Ha! not so innocent now, are they?! Ok, slightly over active imagination... can't help it. It IS scary how quickly and easily a virus can spread around the world though. Also shows how slack the hygiene and infection prevention procedures are. When I visited Hong Kong, you had to wear a mask just to go into the hospital, even if you were just visting a patient, and everyone washes their hands when they come out. People even wear hospital masks out in public to prevent spreading germs if they're ill. Over here, you'd be eyeballed for wearing a mask on the tube. Let's hope this outbreak dies out sharpish...

To lighten the mood, here's one of the strips from one of my fave online comics... topical as ever...

Comments

Popular Posts