T day's passed, looking to the future...

Dad had his transplant yesterday. Me and Mum were at the hospital while he had it. Dad joked about how you expect a fanfare when you get it as so much had happened leading up to it. They transfuse the stem cells through a drip into the tubes which were placed in his chest before he went in to hospital. It all went ok, although he was sick and had various reactions to it which was difficult to watch, but hopefully it'll work. We won't know for a good few months I think so now it's just a waiting game while he becomes neutropenic (no white blood cells or immune system) and the stem cells take hold. I've never mentioned in detail anything about Dad's cancer, so here's some info for those of you who may be interested. He has mantle cell lymphoma. Lastly I'd just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has donated money to my fundraising effort for lymphoma research. It's really appreciated and hopefully the money will help future sufferers with treatment.

Watched Shaun of the Dead last night, following on from our zombie themed post a couple of days ago. Was very funny... My housemate quite rightly pointed out, 28 weeks later makes you think you could do a million things better in that situation. Shaun of the Dead just makes you think you'd be totally useless and just stand there gaping, thinking "oh crap!" hehe.

Also finished reading The five people you meet in heaven (you can find my review here) and started reading Tuesdays with Morrie. Another excellent book, which has given me this intense urge to just stop wasting my life doing things I don't think are important, stop worrying about the materialistic and start living... I'm even more determined to make it to China this year, even if smelly seems a bit more reluctant.

Comments

Popular Posts