tick tock tick tock...

Well, my due date is just 5 days away and I feel like a ticking time bomb! Every day I'm looking for signs that baby is getting ready to make an appearance... every twinge I feel I'm thinking is this it?! I'm permanently hot, sweaty and sticky. I'm tired and have lost the ability to walk without waddling like a duck! I feel like I can't make concrete plans because I don't know if I'll be in labour by then or not. Plus I'm desperate for her to arrive so I can hold her and see that's she's healthy and ok and can stop worrying about whether she's moving enough in the womb! 

But at the same time, I'm half hoping she's going to take her sweet time so I get my last few days of baby-free freedom before it's all nappies, poo and baby spit up... a bit late but it's finally sinking in that very very soon I'm going to be a mummy.... and it's bloody scary! It'll never be just me and hubby again.  Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to meeting my little girl, cuddle and care for her, but I'm definitely going to miss the spontaneous nights out, the sleep... basically the ability to be totally selfish. Yesterday was hubby's birthday and we went out for a meal. At the table next to us were a couple with 2 young boys. One was screaming his head off while the other banged his plate, and his mother was desperately trying to keep them both quiet. As we left, she helpfully said to me "enjoy your last days of freedom!". Ha! yes. thanks for that! I'm hoping my kids are brought up with more table manners! But seriously, it's scary to think that soon I'm going to be one of those people who other people with no kids roll their eyes at because they have a screaming, noisy child in a public place. 

Anyway, slight freaking out aside, I AM looking forward to meeting my little girl. She could be here in the next few days, or in a couple of weeks, but whenever she arrives, I know she's going to be beautiful... and it's going to change our lives forever!

So see you soon my little girl! Don't be too late... Mummy doesn't want to give birth to a 9lb baby!


Comments

Yy said…
I wonder if your little girl will share the same birthday as me...Leo's are the best! x

Popular Posts