Sweep = FAIL

This morning I had a membrane sweep at hospital. Yes, it is unpleasant as it sounds and no I won't describe what it is... google it! Haha! The first midwife couldn't reach so she had to get a second midwife to come and "have a go". Nice. Oh well, I figured no point being embarassed as they're going to do and see a lot worse soon enough! They were both very nice about it all. Anyway, apparently on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being my cervix ready to go in to labour and 1 being padlocked shut) I scored a 1. Bah!

Next steps? Well, usually they'd book me in for a second sweep and if that didn't work, an appointment to be induced on Friday for the weekend... BUT there's no beds available this Friday... so I'm going in to hospital TOMORROW to be induced! EEK! Baby Fung could be here on Wednesday or Thursday (depending on how stubborn she wants to be about coming out. My bet is Thursday, the little madam!).

So, better get my overnight bag ready... got to go to hospital tomorrow to have a baby! GULP!

Since finding out baby could be here very soon, hubby has gone a bit cleaning crazy. So far he's dusted, wiped down all the surfaces (including the bannisters) and is now furiously vacuuming the house. I thought it was supposed to be me that gets the nesting instinct and irresistible urge to clean?! Instead, I made a banana cake. Ha!

Comments

Popular Posts