Due date been and gone. Hurry up baby!

Well my due date has now been and gone and no sign of baby yet! I knew she'd be late, just like her daddy (who is late for everything!). This is my 4th week of maternity leave and I'm beginning to go a bit stir crazy. At first I crammed in visits to friends and shopping, but now the weather is so hot and humid and I'm so big and fat that I'm sat at home on the couch with a fan, turning my brain to mush watching daytime tv. Before I was pregnant I'd have loved this hot weather, making the most of my lunch breaks sat in a park soaking up the sun. Now I'm in hiding indoors, sweating like crazy wishing it would rain! Oh how times have changed! The other night it was a sweltering 28 degrees in our bedroom! Having windows open barely helps as there's no breeze, plus an annoying neighbour from somewhere keeps smoking weed, which wafts into the house and utterly stinks! Not to mention the drunken idiots that seem to stagger down the road at stupid o'clock singing (or arguing and swearing). I never thought I'd say this, but where has the typical crappy English weather gone?! Come back!

The drip feed of "any news yet?" text and facebook messages have begun to increase since yesterday, including my own husband... "morning babe, any sign yet?". Even mum keeps making me stand sideways to gauge whether my bump has dropped visibly and baby has engaged into my pelvis any further (not that I think it's as simple as looking at the shape of my belly!). It's quite nice to get messages from friends. Makes you realise they're thinking of you. Although ask me again next week if I still haven't gone into labour and I may have a different opinion! Ha!

I really hope my little girl decides to make an appearance soon. As much as I'm slightly scared of going in to labour and the unknown of bringing home a new born baby to care for, I'd also like to stop worrying that she's not moving enough in there (yeah so I can replace those worries with worries about whether she's feeding enough and if she's ok, right? The worry never ends I'm guessing!).

One plus side of the imminent big day is that it's brought hubby and I even closer. I miss him like crazy during the day and I'm pretty sure he's thinking of me a lot too, checking his phone every 5 minutes just in case! He's been super sweet to me, helping out at home vacuuming the house and just being very supportive. I'm such a lucky wifey!!

I think the daily gratitude board I made up has helped too, even if some of his messages are a bit more stupid than my genuine ones (like his "I love you because you made me eat baked bean curry for lunch and dinner" when i mistakenly gave him curry from the freezer for lunch and then made the same thing for dinner that night. Oops!). This one is my favourite so far though, as he keeps telling me he prefers me now than before I was pregnant and a lot skinnier :)

Comments

Popular Posts