Fancy dress?

You'd be surprised how difficult it is to pick a suitable fancy dress costume. My friend is having a fancy dress party for her 30th birthday next week and we all took a trip to Angels fancy dress shop at lunch yesterday to get our outfits. After hours of research on the internet (as I am a real internet research addict and will thoroughly research everything before taking action, from buying shoes to planning tube journeys) I realised that no matter what I or the girls pick, we're going to get harassed.

Let me explain... here's the scenario. 6 girls. Very short (because it seems that it's near impossible to find any outfit that ends nearer your knee than your butt cheek unless you plan on going as a pantomime horse) fairytale and Disney themed costumes. Mix with Inferno's (the cheese-fest meat market of Clapham, probably the only club in the world that plays the Baywatch theme tune 5 times a night... no lie) night club, guys under 25 (as that seems to be the average age in there) and lots of alcohol. A sure recipe for harassment ha ha. Note to self, take a very large stick to beat off the letches.

Anyway, I managed to find 2 costumes I'd liked on the internet and tried them on. After realising the Alice in Wonderland dress was made for a glamour model with size DD breasts (which of course I do not have!) I settled on Mary had a little lamb outfit, complete with blue check dress, ribbon lace up corset and toy lamb. Compliments the other girl's outfit who chose Goldilocks, as her outfit is identical but in yellow with a bear. The other attendees so far are Tinkerbell and The Queen of Hearts. All good fun. The restaurant we are having dinner at beforehand is in for a treat!

I'm actually looking forward to the night out though... always good fun to dress up and make a prat of yourself! Now all I need to do is remember to take the camera and record the carnage as the evening unfolds. Hooray!

Comments

Popular Posts