Beards... back in fashion?!

Are they back in fashion? Surely not! When WAS the last time they WERE in fashion? Victorian times?! The reason I ask is because over the past few weeks I've seen more and more guys out on the streets with a hell of a lot of more of the facial fluff. I'm not talking about a smattering of stubble or the odd goatee. I'm talking about full on, "I've been stuck in the Himalayas trekking for 3 months with no access to a Bic" facial hair. And these aren't guys who look like your Dad, oh no. These are young 20 and 30 guys who are sporting something that would put Barry Gibb to shame. And I have to say, I just don't get it. As far as I'm concerned, wearing a rug on your face just isn't attractive. Anything that has the potential to catch any debris that misses your mouth when you're eating is not a good thing to have! Plus god only knows what it's like kissing someone with a face full of wiry hair?! It seems that it's not just my imagination either...

So, to head off the new 'let's look like Forrest Gump' movement and prevent all the good looking fashion influenced men out there sporting a full face of the wiry stuff, I am launching a 'BAN BEARDS' campaign. With summer apparently deciding to show it's face, the thought of t-shirts, board shorts and grandad beards just doesn't sit well with me and I like my eye candy clean shaven (a slight designer stubble is acceptable).

So girls (and guys) who agree with my new fight against the facially hairy, leave a comment and show your support!

Comments

Anonymous said…
freedom for hair growth is great... live on the long beards... GO SANTA!!! :)
Sweetpea said…
Git... you were supposed to post the opposite!

... just because you're facially hair-disabled...

hehe
Anonymous said…
Looks like santa wont be coming round this year!!! :p

Popular Posts