Leprechauns and cursed books

I was having our usual strange conversation with my housemate on the train today and threatened to post it on my blog to demonstrate exactly how odd we both are and how ridiculous we both sound to other commuters eavesdropping on our weird ramblings... Jo, my housemate and friend of almost 20 years (scary!), is THE most scatty person I know. If she could take out her brain and put it somewhere for safe keeping she'd lose both the memory of where she put it and her brain. She loses everything and was telling me how she'd left her glasses on the plane back from Australia, which is the second time she's done the same thing. From there, we managed to come up with the idea that there are leprechauns who take your lost stuff and stash it somewhere magical. Jo has her own dedicated leprechaun because of the amount of things she looses. He's extremely rich (because she loses valuable things like Diesel glasses) and thin because he gets to run around so much collecting her mislaid items. If I had one, he'd be fat and very pissed off at the fact his pile of stuff consisted mostly of hair clips, hair bands and socks. See? weird... only we can have conversations like that and not think it's odd...

I've decided to read another book and engage my brain (to prevent my memory going into decline and giving my leprechaun some needed exercise) so am going to start reading 'The end of Mr Y'. It;s a book Jo's lent me and has a very cool cover with black edged pages (Jo tends to pick books because they look cool) and is about a girl who finds a rare cursed book in a bookshop about a Victorian mad scientist. Sounds interesting...

Going to book our Feb hols tonight... a toss up between Malta and Tenerife (Malta because it looks interesting but not hot, Tenerife because it's hot but looks uninteresting). Smelly also wants to book flights to Stockholm over Easter while the sales are on... plus I have to change up spending money for Dublin. Oh dear oh dear... My pay cheque will go in my bank and straight back out again!

Comments

Popular Posts